Safer Internet Day – 6 February 2018
Safer Internet Day 2018 is on 6 February and aims to raise awareness of online issues ranging from cyberbullying through to identity theft. It was originally a European initiative, but has grown into a worldwide event with activities being held locally in 130 countries.
Safer Internet Day (SID) is organised by the joint Insafe-INHOPE network, with the support of the European Commission. and as a European company it is a natural action for Findx to champion the initiative.
Create, connect and share respect: A better internet starts with you!
This year’s theme is a call to action to everyone, asking them to play a part in making the internet better for all, especially the younger generations.
We invite you to join in and engage with other users in a respectful way to build a better digital experience for everyone. Keep an eye on social media channels for the hashtags #SID2018 and #SaferInternetDay to participate in the discussions and events.
As part of this event, Findx is encouraging parents to chat with their children about how they can more safely use the internet. We continue to publish a collection of practical, small tasks that you and your child can take to provide them with a safer place online.
We’ve collected a few tips for you to get the chat started
- Read how to protect your kids online.
- Take these 5 simple steps to protect your child’s privacy online.
- Help your child learn how to spot fake news and satirical websites.
- Use a private search engine like Findx to make sure advertising companies can’t profile your children.
- Get Findx privacy essentials for mobile and tablet