National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month is designed to engage and educate through events and initiatives with the goal of raising awareness about online privacy, safety and cybersecurity. Co-founded and led by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), NCSAM has grown exponentially since its inception, and last year’s event was an unprecedented success, generating 4,316 news stories!
As a company focused on online privacy and sfety, it is oly natural action for Findx to become a NCSAM Champion.
Securing the internet is our shared responsibility
This year’s theme will look at how we can help each other make the internet safer for everyone, whether they be our children, parents, workplaces or even our country’s infrastructure. Each week has its own theme:
- Make your home a haven for online safety: Learn how to teach your more vulnerable family members basic online safety practices.
- Educating for a career in cybersecurity: Such work is exciting and challenging. Learn more about this field, so you can inspire and motivate students to pursue a related career.
- It’s everyone’s job to ensure online safety at work: As our work and personal lives are increasingly blurred together, it’s becoming even more important to follow best practices everywhere.
- Safeguarding your nation’s critical infrastructure: Our day-to-day life depends on critical infrastructure and the internet, and there are many roles the public can play in keeping it safe.
Throughout the month, you will find tips and helpful posts here at ActivatePrivacy on those topics.
We invite you to join the conversation in October, and keep an eye on the #CyberAware hashtag on Twitter, or follow StaySafeOnline on Facebook or on Twitter. They’ll be hosting discussions and experts each week, and will publish news, resources and more.
We’ve collected a few tips for you to get started:
- Read how to protect your kids online.
- Take these 5 simple steps to protect your child’s privacy online.
- Help your child learn how to spot fake news and satirical websites.
- Use a private search engine like Findx to make sure advertising companies can’t profile your children.
- Get Findx privacy essentials for mobiles and tablets
If you want to use a private search engine, one of the question that often is askes is “How do they make money?”. There various ways a search engine can keep you privacy and make money. See the comparison chart and learn more about private search engines.