You can easily change the default search engine and to more to protect your privacy in Safari by installing an extension.
The Findx extension for Safari both protects your privacy and prevents tracking when you are searching online by setting Findx to be your default search engine and homepage.
Installing the Findx for Safari extension
- Go to the Findx Safari extension page
- Click Install now.
Removing the Findx Safari extension
If you no longer want to use findx for Safari, you can easily remove it.
- Click on Safari -> Preferences, then click on Extensions.
- Select the Findx extension from the list on the left, then click Uninstall.
This removes Findx completely from the list of available search engines, and resets your default search engine.
Changing your default search engine
If you no longer want to use Findx as your default search engine, but still want to include it in the list of search engines, that’s easy.
- Click on Safari -> Preferences, then on Search.
- Choose your new default search engine from the drop-down list.
Changing your homepage
If you want to use another page as your homepage, and not Findx, you can easily change it.
- Open the page you want to use as the homepage.
- Click on Safari -> Preferences.
- Click on Set to Current Page.
Note: If you are using Windows, click File -> Preferences to open the Safari preference dialog.
When you install apps, ‘like’ a web page, or use Facebook to log into websites, you let them harvest your Facebook profile information. Take control of your online privacy and change these Facebook settings today.