How to change the default search engine in Brave
You can easily change the default search engine in Brave by changing your preferences.
Using Givero and Brave together protects your privacy more than using either Givero or Brave alone.
- When you search with Givero, your privacy is protected because your search history is never saved.
- When you browse using the Brave browser, including when you click on a search result, the pages you visit cannot track you – your browsing stays private.
Setting Givero to be the default search engine
- In Brave, Install the Givero extension
- Click on Givero in the list of available search engines to set it as the default.
Changing your default search engine
If you no longer want to use Givero for Brave, you can easily switch to another search engine.
- Click on Brave -> Preferences.
- Then click on the new default search engine you want to use.
Changing your home page to the Givero search engine
Your home page is automatically opened when you start the Brave browser. You can set your home page automatically go to the Givero search engine so you can search quickly and easily.
- Click Brave -> Preferences.
- Enter https://givero.com in the My home page is field.
Tip: If you want to easily return to your home page when you are browsing the web, enable the toggle to Show home button on URL bar.
If you want to use a private search engine, one of the question that often is askes is “How do they make money?”. There various ways a search engine can keep you privacy and make money. See the comparison chart and learn more about private search engines.
You might think you’ll lose some features when you start using a private search engine, but there are actually a number of search engines with many great features that let you search in private. See the comparison chart and learn more about private search engines.