How do I delete my cookies?
You’ve probably heard how advertising companies track you as you browse and search the web. They do this by storing cookies on your computer. It can be scary to think about just how much information advertisers can collect from you with just these little, invisible cookies.
Of course, there are useful cookies too, but sometimes it’s difficult to tell which is which.
You can manually delete your cookies from all browsers at the end of your browsing or searching session to limit the amount of information that is collected.
How to delete cookies in Firefox
- Click the menu button (☰) to the right of the toolbar, click History, then click on Clear Recent History.
- Set the Time range to clear drop down list to Everything.
- In the Details section, make sure that only Cookies is selected, then click Clear Now.
With Findx Privacy Control for Firefox, you can easily manage cookies in Firefox
How to delete cookies in Chrome
- Click More ⋮ in the toolbar, then click Settings.
- Near the bottom of the page, click Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security,” select Content settings.
- Select Cookies.
- Under All cookies and site data, click Remove all, then click Clear all.
With Findx Privacy Control for Firefox, you can easily manage cookies in Chrome
How to delete cookies in Safari
- Click Safari -> Preferences, then click Privacy.
- Under the Cookies and website data option, click Manage Website Data.
- Click Remove All, then click Remove Now.
Findx Privacy control cannot manage cookies in Safari due to limitations from Apple
Cookies on mobile devices
In your settings on iOS or Android you can set safari and Chrome not allow third party cookies. The easy way to avoid cookies and tracking on mobile os to use the Findx app for mobile phones and tablets.
When you install apps, ‘like’ a web page, or use Facebook to log into websites, you let them harvest your Facebook profile information. Take control of your online privacy and change these Facebook settings today.